The Laurel Highlands Developmental Football League (LHDFL) is in its second decade of developmental tackle football. This league is focused on instruction and developing youth football players. The LHDFL has expanded again this year adding additional school districts to our conference.
LHDFL places player competition, fun and safety first!
- All LHDFL helmets are NOCSAE certified annually
- The league offers experienced PIAA officials for the highest on-field officiating performance
- Each home team will offer Certified Athletic Trainers at games for quick responses to any player injuries.
- We strictly adhere to nationally accepted guidelines for weight requirements for each division to create a safe environment for all plays in order to enable all our athletes to grow in the sport.
- Our coaching staff are all volunteers that have completed all the required state clearances
- Each coach is provided with access to online coaching resources
Great experience, greater memories!
- Every athlete receives a high quality, equipment and uniform.
- Experienced coaching that make learning the game fun and enjoyable.
- Football is a great team game that teaches our youth lessons that will help them throughout their lives. They will build friendship and trust with their teammates that will last a lifetime.
- Studies show that being physically active through football lowers body fat, strengthens muscles and increases the likelihood of continuing good health habits later in life.
- Research shows athletes tend to have higher levels of self-esteem and lower levels of depression. To the kids, though, the game is about fun, friendships and camaraderie. It’s about achieving success or learning from failure then lining right back up to try again.